Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Oh SO grateful

So this is going to be one of those post that get mushy gushy but I just really wanted to express how grateful I am for the wonderful people I have in my life. Especially those who have made these last few months so special to me.

First my wonderful sweet husband. This past few months has definitely been busy but he has been there by my side all the way. Stewart has started working again and he works 13 hour and 20 minute shifts, so I literally do not see him for three whole days. I'm new at this mom stuff so being alone for three days can be a little scary. I don't know how single mamas do it because sometimes you just need a break. Last week Brylee was not feeling well, literally if she was not eating or sleeping she was screaming for almost three days straight. It broke my heart to see her that way and of course it was on the days Stewart worked so he would get up at 4:15am and then get home around 8pm... After two days of listening to my sweet baby crying non stop Stewart came home and I was in tears, just exhausted, unable to accomplish anything, sick to my stomach, and feeling incapable of being a good mama because I couldn't calm my sad baby. Usually on nights like this Stewart will eat and go right to bed, so that way if he is lucky he can get a few hours of sleep before having to get up for another 13 hour shift, but that night was different. When he got home he saw the tears in my eyes as I held onto our screaming baby, and one of the first things he said was lets give her a blessing. He took her from me and placed his hands on her head and gave her a sweet blessing. He took care of her the rest of the night as she cried for a few more hours before finally going to sleep. Such a simple thing but it meant the world to me. It meant so much to me that my husband was willing to put aside what he needed for what I needed. But that is just the type of man he is, always willing to serve... He is such a good example to me of what unconditional love is. He is such a good daddy and I am so lucky to have him by my side. I love to watch him with Brylee and the way her face lights up after a whole day of not seeing him. I don't know how I would have gotten through this past month and a half without him and I will forever be grateful for the love and happiness he brings to my life. He makes me feel so special.

I'm grateful for my sweet sweet baby. I thought I knew what love was and then I met her. She is the best thing ever. It's so amazing that my heavenly father trust me with this sweet lil life. I am so grateful. Being a mom is different than anything you can explain to anyone, I think it's one of those things that is impossible to understand until you go through it. You will never understand the type of love and adoration until you are a parent yourself. I have such a new respect for moms and all that they do. Brylee is such a good baby. She is so smart. From the day she was born she was looking around, holding her head up. She can scoot on her tummy if you give her a lil help she can go across a whole blanket. She is amazing. Her smile will melt your heart. I'm so so in love and so so grateful for my little angel. Before she was born we struggled to know when we should have a baby, and after praying about it for awhile we decided that heavenly father would know when the right time would be for us. How true that is. She came at the perfect time for us, and I am so grateful that we were able to put our trust in heavenly father so he could ultimately bless our family with our wonderful baby.

I'm grateful for my parents. I could not even create a list with every single thing they have done for our family, there would just be too many things to list. They do things without us even asking them to and I don't think they will ever understand how grateful we are to them. These past few months have been tough because I haven't been working and they have walked in the door with arms full of groceries. They never boast or say we need to pay them back, they just do it out of love. They are so selfless and loving and it means the world to us. I will forever be grateful to heavenly father for giving me parents who care about me and my family so much. They have taught me a lot about service and caring for those you love. I love them so much.

We definitely appreciate all our friends and families love and support. We have had so many wonderful visitors these past two months. Everyone has been so sweet! I have never felt so overwhelmed with gratitude for the wonderful people we have in our lives. I'm grateful for the tender mercies of the lord, I have learned so much in this short period of time. We are so unbelievable blessed.







No comments:

Post a Comment